Monday, April 5, 2010

A friend to dogs

Am I a Mentsh for taking care of this poor dog that lives somewhat across the street from me? Because for as long as this dog has been alive, all i know is that no one in his actual home really takes care of him or feeds him or anything as he is a super skinny Yorkie with a flopped over ear even though both of his ears are way to big for his own body. This dogs fur is always matted and I've known an occasion or two where people have taken this dog in and given it a bath and then cut its hair before feeding it and sending it home.
It's not like I dont fill up a kiddie pool in the back yard and give him a bath either, but this poor thing he seems like he's just not as taken care of because he roams the neighborhood all the time to the point where people find him a burden. I find him no burden as my Westie is his best alli besides the other dog he lives with. For me, buying cheepo dog food with the extra cash i make on the weekends is nothing more than trying to help something that is as pitiful as this poor guy is.
I kinda wanna adopt him, but he's so scrappy that he'd have to be seriously taken to the vet and had some stuff done before that, plus i know the people that own this dog and they'd be kinda upset if I kinda just kidnapped this dog and took care of it... besides who would the black and white dog he lives with hang out with if the yorkie was gone?
Anyway, I guess I've been this dog's (and sometimes his buddy's) Mentsh as I watch out for them and sometimes feed them scraps or leftovers that would otherwise be thrown away, and whatever cheepo dog food i can find thats under 10 dollars a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment